Sunday 6 July 2008

Brief review of shooters

Here is a brief review of many shooting games for a variety of consoles.

Call of duty 4 - An extremly popular FPS with stunning graphics. Campaign is often seen as short by some people, but I disagree, its length for me was perfect - especially on veteran. Multiplayer has a large replay value, with 10 levels of prestige and many unlockable guns, which can be customized. My rating 10/10.


Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2 - Great single player but in my opinion, the multiplayer was a let down. Number 2 is especially laggy, with annoying echoeing all the time. Number 1 allowed players to sponge bullets, which is equally frustrating. Customizable characters and guns again, both well implemented. My rating 8/10.


Gears of War - Best 3rd person shooter ever in my opinion. Campaign is amazing, some say too short, but quality over quantity. Multiplayer is almost perfect, apart from glitches such as crabwalking or kung fu flipping, but they are rarely a problem. Gears of war 2 is a mustbuy.
My rating 10/10.


Battlefield: Bad Company - Lengthy singleplayer with a multiplayer containing much variety - Many maps, unlockable weapons and gadgets give this game alot of replay value.
My only issue is shooting people with the sniper in the heart doesn't kill them, and the slight graphics issue. My rating 8/10.


Halo 3 - The ever so popular Halo series always impresses the gaming population. Lengthy single player and many multiplayer modes keeps people playing it. Great game with many fun to use vehicles and weapons. My only issue is certain multiplayer issues such as the beat down system. My rating 9/10.



Grand theft Auto IV - Not always seen as a shooter, but its superb multiplayer suprised many people. Great new graphics, and will keep you entertained for months. Huge seller.
My rating 9/10.

Thats all for now, be sure to check tomorrows post.

Thanks,
Craig
[GRAT]

No comments: